Here’s what you’ve missed baby brother:
- The Misfits got back together (I still can’t believe I’m actually typing these words in this order.)
- 3 (it’ll be 4 this summer) Star Wars movies.
- 3 Hobbit movies.
- 2 Guns N Roses reunion tours.
- 2 Black Sabbath tours. Axl AND Slash.
- At least 2 Iron Maiden tours.
- The Houston Astros first world championship.
- The Houston Rockets best regular season they’ve ever had. (Still not sure if the Texans can get their shit together. The owner keeps saying stupid shit in public.)
- Fallout 4.
- 2 Star Wars Battlefront games. They kinda sucked anyway.
- Robin Trower at the House of Blues.
- Houston Open Air Fest was a buzzkill, but we still got to see really good sets by Ministry, Slayer, the Cult and Alice in Chains.
- Pepper Keenan got back with Corrosion of Conformity.
- Tracii Guns got back with LA Guns.
- Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats.
- Sturgill Simpson.
- Blade Runner 2049.
- Slayer is coming to town in June with Lamb of God, Anthrax, Testament, and Behemoth.
- I bought 8 guitars and 3 amplifiers. I sold one of the guitars and gave another one away so I was down to 6. But I bought another one again so the number is at 7 right now. I haven’t started buying pedals yet because I’m not good enough to start using them.
- The family’s also had a whole bunch of birthdays, choir concerts, music recitals, holidays, a couple graduations, and another funeral for another cousin we lost way too soon. We’ve had some ups and downs and although we don’t talk about it, I’m pretty sure we’re all thinking about how much better of a time we’d be having if you were with us for all of ’em.
This is only the stuff that’s at the top of my head. I’m hoping you’re having a really badass bash up there with some of the best jam partners that ever lived.
Love you man.